Typar® HouseWrap delivers four key advantages you won't find with other housewraps:
- Superior water holdout - blocks water from entering the wall cavity.
- Exceptional moisture vapor transmission (MVT) - it breathes so moisture can escape the wall cavity.
- Superior tear strength - proven to withstand heavy winds and is almost five times stronger than the leading competitive wrap.
- Optimal surfactant and UV resistance - reduces the damaging effects that oils and tannins from cedar siding, cement siding, stucco, brick and soaps from powerwashing can have on the system's ability to block bulk moisture penetration; stands up to the beating sun on the jobsite for up to 6 months without degradation.
- Faster Installation — Only 1 layer of Typar® is required vs. 2 layers of 30-min building paper (One 9-foot tall roll of Typar® versus two layers of 3-foot tall rolls of building paper = 6 wraps of paper to 1 wrap of Typar®!)
- Industry-Leading Liquid Water Holdout versus very little liquid water protection for building paper
- Typar® has a reliable moisture vapour permeance for ideal "breathing" of coastal buildings
- Added Moisture Intrusion Protection due to fewer laps and penetrations
- Better energy efficiency as Typar® is an air barrier and has fewer "laps" and penetrations than paper
Typar® VS. Building Paper: Faster, Drier, more Energy Efficient
Typar vs. Tyvek
While we believe that good-performing housewraps generally protect our buildings better than paper, our housewraps Typar® Housewrap™ and Typar® Metrowrap™ both vastly outperform the leading building wrap.
Although the market-price of our standard Typar® Housewrap™ is closer to the price of Tyvek® Homewrap™, many of the performance characteristics of Typar® Housewrap™ far exceed those of Tyvek® CommercialWrap™. In other words, Typar® Housewrap™ outperforms both Tyvek® HomeWrap™ and Tyvek® CommercialWrap™. Typar® Metrowrap™ goes above and beyond for additional U.V. and water holdout protection.
Although Tyvek®'s products are typically promoted for their higher permeance than some competitors, many experts today agree that for our climate, a vapour permeance in the range of 10 - 20 perms is ideal.
Click here to download more information: Typar vs. Tyvek (PDF)
What you can expect from
the experts at PowerHouse